To get a challenging position of software development manager which will utilize my skills and knowledge.
- A software development manager with total 16 years of experience.
- Expertise in Enterprise Software Systems planning, development and support.
- Positive close working with the Business in banking, investment and financial services.
- Processes management on every stage of software Systems/Product Life Cycle.
- Deep understanding and employment of the fundamental principles of Agile development.
- Distributed Teams Management.
- Budget Planning and Risk Management.
- Software development and technical leadership on complex projects.
- 8+ years of experience in software systems development for major international financial institutions (USA and Europe).
- Following modern technologies, platforms and solutions including Open Source projects.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, leadership and teamwork.
Process management skills:
Development process: Agile, Iterative methodologies, Scrum, TDD, FDD, PSP, TSP, XP;
Business processes in IT;
Business relationship, Resource management, Issue management;
Technical ownership of complex business-critical systems which involved hundreds processes and services, multiple databases etc.;
Responsibility for Investment Banking Systems, Online Banking, CRM, Request Tracking System, etc.;
Quality management through Functional Testing, Load Testing, Monitoring, Maintenance, User Support etc.
People management skills:
Leadership, effective communication and interaction, knowledge management;
Conflict management, Motivation;
Annual employees assessment and promotion.
Deep understanding of principles necessary to create robust, secure, scalable software systems;
Development of performance critical software systems;
Programming languages: C++, C#, .Net, Java, Objective-C, SQL, Python, Perl, Assembler;
Architecture & platforms: Linux, Solaris, Windows, UML, Design Patterns;
Web technologies: HTML, JSON, REST, XML, XSLT, PHP, LAMP, MQTT;
Source Control: Git, SVN (Subversion), TFS, CVS, Clearcase, Source Safe;
Virtualization: VMware, Xen, OpenVZ, VirtualBox.
- Participated in a team that developed Enterprise System Data Bus - a complex solution built around Solace messaging system and MQTT protocol.
- Assumed the role of an interface for external teams, consulted them about development of their applications, discussed business and technical requirements for the data bus.
- Delivered trainings for external teams about the system and the tools we developed.
- Participated in defining the minimum viable product with the business departments.
- Worked with architecture team and local governance to get approval for the proposed solution.
- Consulted my team about tools and technologies necessary to build the reliable, secure, fast and scalable system.
- Implemented core component of the solution - Subscription Manager.
- Implemented Subscription Manager plug-ins API and an SDK and debugging tools for the plug-ins development.
- Analyzed performance and scalability of the system. Identified performance bottlenecks and formed a list of strategies to eliminate them.
- Facilitated transition of the development process from TFS into Bitbucket and Bamboo, set up the continuous release utilities. Worked with QA to automate testing.
- Migrated several services to the new messaging solution as a demonstration and a proof of concept.
- Implemented RateQuote WebAPI service that provided rate quotes for money market, bond mutual funds and mortgages.
- Used formal Scrum methodology.
- Took responsibility for Authentication System.
- Communicated to dozens of institutes' IT services to establish or repair integration with NCBI authentication.
- Worked with internal teams to implement NCBI authentication for their projects.
- Implemented projects that allowed to improve user's accounts management, increase performance and reliability of the system.
- Worked with institutes in UK, Canada and Korea on projects to deploy and adapt instances of NCBI Login System for their needs.
- Ensured the system robustness especially during periods for scientists to submit their grant applications and reports.
- Established automated monitoring and statistics reporting.
- Reimplemented and replaced several components of the system which did not satisfy requirements for security, maintainability and monitoring. This helped to stay against several brute force attacks from the Internet.
- Normal system load is about 20 million requests per week, system serves about 6 million registered users.
- Headed development, integration and support of all information systems of Corporate Business Department. Reported to Vise President of the Bank.
- Lead from the beginning development and deployment of CRM system for Corporate Business.
- Introduced and developed a set of analytical systems.
- Worked as an interface between IT and Business departments.
- Lead multiple projects and organized interactions between key departments to resolve business tasks.
- Established real time monitoring of business critical infrastructure using a testing framework and the Nagios monitoring system.
- Led development of an SMS Information Service: robust and fault tolerant system which notifies recipients about specified events throughout SMS.
- Headed development of the integration between the old Online Banking System and the new one. Workload was 100,000 documents per day. System served 30,000 users.
- Improved Online Banking system stability. It became the most stable information system in the Bank despite strict limitation on budget.
- Designed a framework for internal system services development. It includes service management, logging, unified configuration management and a communication layer. It is used as a base for 5 different components serving ~50,000 transactions per day. The services uptime is ~6 months.
- Led continuous efforts to optimize response time of SugarCRM. It improved from 2 – 10 seconds to less than 1 second. At the same time, the approximate number of users increased from 200 to 3000.
- Obtained solid knowledge of corporate banking services.
- Supervised all the technical aspects of this system's development.
- Delivered 4 major releases of the systems without notable issues.
- Implemented a number of new reports.
- Implemented a permissions system for books of trades and reports.
- Developed automated regression testing of critical reports in collaboration with a testing team.
- Coordinated the development teams in Moscow, London, Singapore and South America.
- Obtained knowledge of valuation of asset derivatives - FX, Money Market, FI, IR Swaps.
- Transferred ownership of the system from another external team in 1.5 months.
- Organized the team knowledge transfer.
- Supported the system until its total decommission.
- Assisted in step-by-step migration of data-flow into new systems.
- Maintained legacy code in C, C++, Objective C, Perl and C Shell.
- Fixed a number of defects in source code.
- Implemented a number of stubs and connectors for new systems' integration.
- Obtained knowledge of pricing of FI, FX derivatives.
- Participated in planning and development of many small to medium size projects.
- Added the support of an external data feed implemented as Oracle database.
- Developed Perl script for conversion and import of historical data form a set of files.
- Ported server side software for Windows – the code became cross-platform – Solaris, Linux, Windows.
- Implemented general cache server on C#.
- Obtained knowledge of valuation of fixed income and in particular Mortgage-Backed securities.
- Guided a development team of 4 people as a team lead.
- Analyzed performance of the application and found several sources performance bottlenecks.
- Delivered 3 projects, each taking 2-3 months.
- Designed event based data provisioning for multi-threaded user interface.
- Implemented a new feature – Greeks values on the depth-of-market trading interface. This is one additional column with corresponding valuated numbers – ActiveX control.
- Implemented an interface improvement – Study Values on depth-of-market. Every analytic curve on a chart view that has a value in price units can be shown on price column of DOM trading interface – ActiveX control.
- Applied a set of well-known Design Patterns.
- Improved knowledge of standard development process (CMMI, PSP, TSP and Scrum).
- Obtained knowledge of financial market terminology and business processes.
- Designed and implemented GUI management console for the server.
- Improved scalability for huge-size multi-page documents processing.
- Ported OCR Engine from Windows to Linux.
- Implemented system layer API emulation for Linux.
- Developed compiler of Windows resource file language.
- Obtained remarkable knowledge of Win32 API and COM technology.
- Released first version of the Recognition Server.
- Obtained outstanding experience in software performance analysis and optimization.
- Implemented and remarkably optimized diverse functions for Intel processors: Pentium 4, Itanium, XScale.
- Implemented algorithms for matrix processing, video processing, cryptography, big number arithmetic and XML processing.
- Participated in delivery of 4 major releases of the Performance Libraries.
- Performed a competitive performance analysis of the MySQL engine built with GCC vs. Intel C++ Compiler. That was done for a joint project of Intel Compiler team & MySQL.
- Designed several libraries including cryptography and XML processing.
- Acquired deep knowledge of cross-platform software development.
- Investigated new technology – .Net – using open source implementation from Microsoft.
- Proposed a set of improvements for .Net Framework that highlight Intel performance values.
- Obtained important experience working in a global organization and performing in accordance with its corporate values.
- Coordinated a team of 4 developers.
- Honored with a Very Special Thanks Award.